On 10 June 2021, the UCL Centre for Longitudinal Studies hosted an online consultation event on the ELC-FS’s content and design with researchers, data users and policymakers took part.
Morning sessions covered the key research questions, required design features and measures for the following areas:
- cognitive, social, and emotional development of infants
- infant-parent relationships, and the early home environment
- infant health, including growth, nutrition and sleep
- mental health of parents and the developing child
- social, environmental and neighbourhood influences on infant and family
- inequality, disadvantage, and social mobility in the new cohort
- genomics, early adversity and biological embedding of stress.
Afternoon sessions covered approaches to consulting and engaging less-often-heard groups, including:
- ethnic diversity and immigrant families
- fathers and partners
- vulnerable children
- diverse families
- pre-term, and sick neo-nates.