Read the full report from the scientific consultation on study purpose, content and design (PDF)
On 10 June 2021, the UCL Centre for Longitudinal Studies hosted an online consultation event on the ELC-FS’s content and design with researchers, data users and policymakers took part.
Morning sessions covered the key research questions, required design features and measures for the following areas:
- cognitive, social, and emotional development of infants
- infant-parent relationships, and the early home environment
- infant health, including growth, nutrition and sleep
- mental health of parents and the developing child
- social, environmental and neighbourhood influences on infant and family
- inequality, disadvantage, and social mobility in the new cohort
- genomics, early adversity and biological embedding of stress.
Afternoon sessions covered approaches to consulting and engaging less-often-heard groups, including:
- ethnic diversity and immigrant families
- fathers and partners
- vulnerable children
- diverse families
- pre-term, and sick neo-nates.